Friday, January 25, 2013

Products to Help Milk Production


One of my sweet friends just returned to work after her maternity leave. She will be pumping at work despite some rudeness from her superior {who is a WOMAN} on accommodations for her. Don't even get me started on how ANGRY this makes me...that will be a whole other blog post one day. My friend had asked me for some tips on keeping her milk supply up after returning to work - and this is what I found to be helpful for me and wanted to share with you all! {Links below will take you directly to the product sites}





Organic Mother's Milk Herbal Tea: this tea contains fenugreek and thistle - these herbs have been used for years to increase supply. I would highly recommend adding some honey to help {sweeten} it a bit. Also, make sure to drink lots of water to assure that you are staying hydrated!



Photo: http://share.food.com/community/jugglingmom4/style.esi?member_id=2174541

Oatmeal Cookies: a great little snack to have at your desk to help keep your supply up {home-made or store-bought}. Check out this wonderful oatmeal chip lactation cookie recipe here




Non-alcoholic Beer: tip that my Grandma learned from her doctor while living in Germany. The yeast helps to keep your supply up. *Bonus: it will give your hubby a chuckle to see you cracking a "cold one" on the couch in the wee hours of the morning {mine did}. 


Sleep: I know, I know. This is sort of an annoying tip to a mother of a little one. We know that you are TRYING to sleep. But keep trying momma - trust me! The more stressed and tired you are...the less you will produce. Ask your hubby, mom, friend...whomever for more help (so you can rest) if needed! 

Don't forget to buy a hands-free pumping bra when you return to work {or when you start pumping} - this thing was a LIFESAVER for me! I also LOVED my Medela Pump in Style Advanced backpack (so lightweight and easy for toting to/from the office).  I hope this helps! Would love your input on any other products to help increase milk supply! Happy pumping! 


6 comments:

  1. Great post! I didn't know that about oatmeal cookies or non-alcoholic beer! :) One of the most important things for any nursing mom to remember also, pumping or not, is to drink plenty of water, too. Breastmilk is 80% water, so it's important to drink more water than you normally would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! And totally agree with your suggestion to drink tons of water! I need to add that to my post! ;) Xo

      Delete
  2. I saw you on LC forum so I came to see your blog, let me tell you that you´ve done a great job with it, please come visit and if you like it it would be great if we could follow each other here or socials, what do you think? To support each other… let me know ok!
    Kisses
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment Diana! I will be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete
  3. This is nice thing in your blog. Its good to given an information to me about things.Thank you for posting.
    Visit :- Baby Product

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips